Friday, December 28, 2007

The Command Post wins an award

The Command Post has been awarded the "Golden Monkeyfist 'Bravo Zulu' Award" for best progressive milblog. Really, if there was an award that could be deemed "most likely to have been tailored for this blog", it's that one, but Monkeyfister assures me that he feels it's still well-deserved.

I'm honored, and I've recommended to him three other bloggers who are worth bumping for the "Au Peer" award he'll be posting. I'll post the three blogs I recommended after the selection has been made.

http://monkeyfister.blogspot.com/2007/12/2007-golden-monkeyfist-awards.html

If you haven't been out to Monkeyfister's blog, it's quite good, and he updates it much more frequently than I update mine. It's definitely worth checking out. However, if this award results in more hits for my blog, then I might have to be a bit more diligent about posting. Not a bad thing, of course.

One point of clarification: Monkeyfister describes me as "highly decorated". I consider this a rather generous assessment of my military career to this point. It's true that I've received some awards and decorations over the course of my career, but my array of ribbons does not include anything higher than an Achievement Medal. For disclosure purposes, here is a complete list of my awards and decs. I am proud of my achievements, but I do not wish to misrepresent them:

Basic Training Graduation Ribbon
Professional Military Education Ribbon
Longevity Ribbon (for four or more years of service; I have 7 1/2)
Air Force Expeditionary Ribbon with Gold Border (x2)
Global War on Terrorism Service Ribbon
Iraq Campaign Medal
National Defense Service Ribbon
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Achievement Medal (x3)
Joint Service Achievement Medal

John L. Levitow Award (top graduate, Airman Leadership School)
Warrior of the Week (447 AEG, Sather AB, Baghdad, Iraq)

Thank you again to Monkeyfister and all my readers for your support. It means a lot to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found this site through Monkeyfister and Suburban Guerilla. Very impressive. Nice to know our Air Force is in good hands!

CMSgt, USAF (Ret.)

CarbonDate said...

Thanks, Chief. I appreciate the support.